Founder and Principal
I am an educator who specializes in bringing hands on learning activities to your child in your own home. My background includes teaching in a variety of settings and I have vast experience instructing students in all curriculum areas. I use motivational activities to inspire children to explore, investigate, and research topics in which they have an interest. I love to create tailored lessons to introduce new knowledge, reinforce skills, and explore the unknown. My goal is to design activities which result in enthusiastic learning and development of critical thinking skills.
• AZ State Certified Educator K-8
• Specialized endorsements in Gifted Education and Early Childhood Education
• 32 years Public School Teaching Experience including 16 years as a Gifted Program specialist.
• Instructor - ASU Science Camps
• Instructor - Arizona Science Center
• Instructor - Camp Invention
• NASA Teacher Training Participant
• National Candidate from Arizona for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching
• Author of SCIENCE SNAX activity books
• Member of MENSA
Fully Vaccinated and Following CDC Covid Safety Protocols
“Dawn Knappenberger takes the time to know her students so she can tailor projects for each individual child. My kids have dissected whole chickens and owl pellets, built rockets and collapsible bridges, and she’s guided them as they wrote riddles and stories. She respects their intelligence and includes them in the learning process instead of teaching “at” them. All of my kids have been sad when their time with her each week ends. She is absolutely the best teacher my kids have ever had."
Jenny Denton, Parent and Colleague